ZNO 3.70% 2.8¢ zoono group limited

Small Cap investing especially entails large swings. More often...

1. 740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 245
    Small Cap investing especially entails large swings. More often than not you will need to hold longer than you initially thought, having to suffer larger swings than initially expected. Even if you do end up making or losing money down the track, I hope you'll appreciate that holding through volatility can at times result in outsized gains.

In SC investing the saying 3-year overnight success is really apt. You have to hold for what seems like years only for a turn to seemingly come over a few days or low number of weeks.

From my experience I've bought into the following only to see massive losses like 40-60% losses (usually from the moments after I buy in) - not easy to stomach and slightly depressing at times (but gained experience along the way), some of these stocks:

WHK in at 9-13c (depending on accounts) down to like 2c in COVID worse, now circa 35-40c
    PIQ in at 36c down to like 20c now 1.05
    ZiP - 7.00 down to low 5.30s (few weeks ago and almost immediately after I buy it plummets) now 13+. Have also held ZiP for about 2 years now.
    PBH bought 4.50 down to low 2s now much higher.

Some others have not recovered but thankfully the gainers outweigh still.

But a big part of the magic formula is holding through the noise, and allowing the business adequate time to kick some goals - not a few quarters, but a few years.

If you've bought at 90c at the very most you held it for a year - really it's not long.

Nobody has any answers here, we are all speculating on future outcomes and it's easier to be impatient than to be patient.

For me, ZNO needs time, maybe more so than expected initially a bit with time the path will be clearer. There are traders or active investors that there are better uses of time in other stocks, and that is true too. It's each to their own here, that's why there's a market.

If it helps, sometimes I'd like to imagine what could possibly go well/right for the Company when times are dreadful, having a degree of faith that some things might come-off, and reminding myself that there are loads of unknowns in investing and the unknowns could just be good outcomes...

I think ZNO is cheap atm, with fwd PE of 6 and reasonable yield - but who knows.

hmmm...a lot of rambling if you managed to read this far.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZNO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $5.984M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.9¢ 2.6¢ $30.54K 1.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 405946 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 111111 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.9¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.84 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.7¢ 2.9¢ 2.7¢ 502693
Last updated 15.37pm 02/05/2024 ?
ZNO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.