MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

LOL ok Kibbles (in every other mine a kibble is a usually round...

1. 47 Posts.
    LOL ok Kibbles (in every other mine a kibble is a usually round bucket) not used in production. I suppose a rose is a rose.

If M/S worked 24 hours the winder would probably be only available for hoisting dirt say 15-16hrs. You must factor in crib times trips hoisting miners geos etc, trips hoisting between levels getting and moving gear etc.Plus maintenance etc.

Look I may be wrong,,,,, no I'm not,,, LOL, but you just can't increase the the tons hoisted with a winder. The whole system design is critical, even a few hundred kg increase in weight could exceed the design limits.

Hoisting systems are usually designed around 10 times the breaking strain of the rope, this is because if something happens the rope will break and the cage grippers come into play and hopefully none of the rest of the hiosting system will be crushed,,, that is why there is a detaching hook on the top of everycage used in mining, if is is hoisted up through the skyshaft and the limits fail the cage is dropped and the rope continues over the sheave.

You just can't with out engineering and re-design increase the capacity of a hoisting system, without risking the safety of persons working in the mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.