Totally at a loss as to how they improve...

1. 495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    Totally at a loss as to how they improve efficiency/communication. The issues are on the providers end and the consumers culture. I work for Auspost and none of this middle man tech could be applied to our closed systems, nor could we or they communicate to our shareholders (everyone with a mailbox) in any effective and legal (we are a GBE) way as to make people realise their responsibilities to ensure fast, solid comms and deliveries. The fact the CEOs initial spiel is he 'missed a couriers calls, didnt know it was the courier and had no ETA from the company' somehow means more intermediary tech is required is laughable. As a postman, I simply call and if no answer (who answers a random number??) I text. << This is not policy at all. But I want to serve the customer as I have time. BUT most Posties dont have time/want to use their phones.
    But if you were to make an effective system of comms, its simple: text.
    People check their texts, they see it is a parcel driver communicating to them an issue/a compliance Q and they respond. To say somehow people will prioritise this app notification over an actual text makes no sense. And the idea of privacy walled behind it is also redundant as parcels have (by the customers decade long requests) their receiver ph number as its the fastest way to reach them.
    This is one of those ideas and IPOS that we laugh about in the logistics and delivery world. Totally missing the point that its about the companies policy being deliberately obtuse and hard to deal with because that helps the company be flexible with not being consumer fgacing efficient when they deal with (read: Covid) massive upscale of content they cant guarantee will arrive on time/within a window.
    UPS for example has a horrid pick up from depot process for a reason - it saves them making an effort.
    It also doestn address the woeful public understanding of couriers v mail v direct package methods and the customers role in maintaining contact and wishes.
    This company will find no home and will utterly fail. Amazon has concepts light years beyond this and they work, its just they dont want it fully streamlined yet.
    CEO talking re drones etc and adapting to that world is utter nonsense as a new business. Its not plausible, nor does it fix the consumer comms issues.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.