GDO 0.00% 30.0¢ gold one international limited

zuma speech raises south africa mines national, page-11

1. 4,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1419
    Link below :- This is an article after Zuma speech, an interview.

My read is that the country does want to establish a state mining company, does want to encourage SA people in the high end jobs. Currently producing educated people without the job opportunities locally (sounds like WA, major engineering occurring overseas, maybe we should nationalise?).

It sounds like Zuma is tredding down a path of inclusion, negotiating with mining companies, as well as setting up resources under a major state company, probably with input from major mining companies as experts. Doesn't sound like a bad strategy.

There is a risk of nationalisation (10%?), but I see it more being used as a bargaining chip to encourage inclusion, economic empowerment. ANC is doing research looking around the world at other nations with nationalised mines, this report shouldn't be positive (shocker really) as far as full nationalisation goes, due next year.

http://www.citypress.co.za/SouthAfrica/News/Revving-up-the-nation-20110212

SP has the risk/uncertainity for Moi more than factored in (undervalued by about x2.5), it does make this share interesting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.