EXT 0.00% 1.1¢ excite technology services ltd

Hi All, Just thought I would join the conversation and post my...

1. 51 Posts.
    Hi All,
    Just thought I would join the conversation and post my own I.T. background and why I got in last November.
    I started out on IBM S370 MVS CICS/COBOL. That will probably mean nothing to anyone under 30 (sigh).
    Anyway in those days the security layer was called RACF (Resource Access Control Facility) and later ACF2. Frustrated users would lovingly refer to it as Rack Off.
    Since then I have worked with ICL, DEC/VAX VMS (did you know that NT was built by some of the same people who wrote VMS), HP3000 and Windows NT/2000/2003 Active Directory and all that. I've worked for two of the big banks and two of the big insurers as well.
    In all that time security was always a layer - and a layer that could be bypassed by the all powerful system administrator. Dodgy record in the database - no worries just 'fix' it on the 'back end'....
    In my last job the techies were very excited about 'moving to the cloud' but management was not interested. Why? Security of course!
    The thing I liked about Covata when I found out about the float is its disruptive data-centric approach. Now I am not saying that a bank or an insurer would (possibly ever) move its core data to the cloud - heavens forbid.
    But this approach must have a future and Covata has near enough to first mover advantage based on what I can find. Safe share has taken a few years and a few (30?) million to get to where it is at. I am sure there are other developers furiously working on their own cloud security models right now and that it will be a very competitive field over the next few years.
    Covata has a gun management team and a stated goal of moving to the Nasdaq. I will be very surprised if they don't make it.
    Well thats it. GLTAH and all of that!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $15.99K 1.466M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1518529 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 634379 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.1¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ 773278
Last updated 14.27pm 26/04/2024 ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.