Strong's Concordance theios: divine Original Word: θεῖος, α, ον...

1. 7,453 Posts.
    Strong's Concordance
    theios: divine
    Original Word: θεῖος, α, ον
    Part of Speech: Adjective
    Transliteration: theios
    Phonetic Spelling: (thi'-os)
    Short Definition: divine
    Definition: divine; subst: the Deity.
    HELPS Word-studies
    2304 theíos (an adjective, derived from 2316 /theós, "God") – divine, manifesting the characteristics of God's nature.

2304 /theíos ("divine nature") ties God's essence to His self-manifestation, permitting all people to know Him by observing His attributes.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
    STRONGS NT 2304: θεῖος

θεῖος, θεία, θεῖον (Θεός) (from Homerdown), divine: ἡθείαδύναμις, 2 Peter 1:3; φύσις (Diodorus 5, 31), 2 Peter 1:4; neuter τόθεῖον, divinity, deity(Latinnumendivinum), not only used by the Greeks to denote the divine nature, power, providence, in the general, without reference to any individual deity

Characteristics
    The son has the characteristics of his father
    He has a divine nature
    Gods son manifests the characteristics of his father

John 1.1 Kjv
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

In light of the meaning of the greek word
    The word was God,in context ,obviously means he has divine characteristics.
    God nature
    Obviously the meaning isnt that Gods son is God himself
    1Corinthians 8.6
    Deut 6.4 and many more verses in the bible make it clear ,there is one being who is God

The father

Gods son in many places is willingly (will give verses if requested) is subserviant to his father,and calls his father his God and worships him.There is no example of the father worshipping his son.

With the trinitarian confusion
    If the son was God himself

Why did he say things like my God My God why hast thou forsaken me?

Many many other verses where the son worships and calls on his father

If you are a trinitarian,does it make sense to be praying to yourself?
    Raise yourself from the dead?
    Call yourself father?If thats not what it means?
    Call yourself son if thats not the intended meaning?
    Die on a cross?
    But God almighty is self existing.
    How could God die?
    If he did.,does that mean only part of God died?or was there a time when God didnt exist when Jesus died?
    What about when Jesus said after his resurection,touch me not,for i havent yet assended to your God and my God.

If Jesus was God himself,why would he assend to see himself?
    Why did they use the terms father/son,if thats not what they meant ?

Please,can someone answer these trinitarian questions. . of which i think are fare and resonable questions?

Why if the Jews were wrong in their concept of who and what denotes God,did he not even once correct them and say,the trinity is the correct concept of who and what God is?

The oppisite is true
    To the rich young lawyer who asked him what must he do to have eternal life?

When he answered love the lord your God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself in these two are the summary of the 10 commandments

Why didnt jesus just tell him his concept of god was wrong?and tell him about the trinity?

Or the sammaritan woman at the well,where he told her salvation is of the jews,if they had the wrong concept of who God is,he wouldnt have said that.
    Last edited by bowral: 28/07/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.