Half the Australian businesses that got a tax cut have banked the cash Half the Australian businesse, page-29

1. 1,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    Misty The thread was about small business not employing more workers or increasing wages after the massive $2900 tax refund. It was implied that the business owners were just greedy. I was pointing out that the objects of the derision were in fact the very people that do risk their homes, family time and lively hood to venture to make a difference in their lifestyle which is not always wanting to be filthy rich. Some do it because they want to be their own boss or have a passion for something and yes some do it to make more money. Nobody is forced to work for anybody (I refer to oz in this case) therefore everyone (exclude those unfortunate to be afflicted physically or mentally) has the opportunity to be their own boss with the inherent risks. So some do some don't, and those that don't usually become workers for those that do. The argument it's a co-operative or symbiotic venture is true, however there is no obligation for a business owner to share his profits when business is good, with anyone, excluding the ATO (big business not paying anything is a different thread), in the same way the workers are not obliged to reimburse the business owner when the business makes a lose. When workers ask for a pay rise or their union threaten a business with industrial action over their demands are they not just being greedy? Or is it just business negotiations? It depends on what hat you wear. Mine is a business owner hat and last year I made a lose. You take it on the chin and move on. Nobody lost their job or took a pay cut, its just business, not life or death. I'm still waiting for my plaque from the ATO congratulating me on my contributions to their coffers (which is considerably more than they would have gotten if I'd not taken the plunge) over the last 20 years, but I am not holding my breath waiting for it. The left will say I'm not paying my fair share the right will say I'm paying more than my fair share. I'm still trying to find out who decides what is - a fair share? In a nutshell I don't consider myself greedy for not employing more staff or distributing my $2900 windfall between my workforce. Who knows maybe the 2c per week they would have received may have moved them into the next tax threshold and they would be poorer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.