How do the big retailers and banks get away with this, page-6

1. 81,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well, I would have thought that one should certainly be illegal.

I would have thought one of the very basics of business would be to be informed of the cost of a good or service before you received it.

Of course with some services it is difficult to know for sure the exact cost - but we almost always ask for a quote for legal and dental work. At least you get a guide.

Mike -
    does that comparable rate apply to all credit?
    I have seen it in some areas - usually plastered all over car shop windows - but I haven't noticed it at Harvey Normal and the like.

I toyed with getting a backup computer from Harvey a few weeks back (got a Surface Pro 3) - I needed windows up urgently and I had to wait a couple of days for my computer to be fixed - AND, as per bloody normal - my monthly money had run out - well, close, and I was about a week out from the next payments. I had maxed out the cc (without emergency anyway).

Anyway, I thought about it for about 5 nanoseconds and then dipped into the emergency - I remembered years back I had a Harvey Normal thing and although it was ok - I find most things like that a pain in the r's.

All better now - all backed up and bills cleared

tia

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.