Besides, you're missing the point . Christians endeavour to...

1. 27,189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Besides, you're missing the point . Christians endeavour to remain faithful to God. Preserving ones present life should be secondary to that.
    Denying people such as children of life-saving medical treatment isn't remaining faith in God, but murder which is prohibited by the 10 commandments.
    When people die for want of a blood transfusion or the withholding of other blood products the cause of death is known with a high degree of certainty.
    Any death that could be prevented by medical treatment is not acceptable.

Preserving life is paramount to me and I would have thought that it would be to a loving God.

Not all Christians agree with you; many like me believe that this life is sacred and should be preserved wherever possible.
    ---
    If a loved one of yours such as a child were injured in an accident, and doctors told you that in order to save that person's life required a blood transfusion, would your preference be that person die rather than receive a blood transfusion thereby increasing that person's chances of surviving?
    Or
    If that person was diagnosed with a medical condition that most likely required a blood product to save his/her life would your choice be to withhold that blood product?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.