Lording it up, page-12

1. 7,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 526
    I think it was wrong when it was introduced 2-3 years ago but it is probably a waste of time repealing it now.
    I'm not going to give the witch any credit for being a world leader because even this policy was tinted by the tedious working families bollocks but if other western countries are introducing ETS's why ditch our climate policy. Sure, it isn't an ETS but that is what it will become.
    The jobs aren't coming back. That damage is done. I suspect those jobs would have gone in the future anyway.
    As for the renewables push, one can question the whole CC story but the reality is renewables do very little harm even if one thinks they do no good. The same can't be said for fossil fuels.
    I am also highly doubtful that electricity prices are going to fall significantly despite good old Clive.
    It seems price gouging, insolvent state governments and incorrect assumptions about future power requirements are substantially to blame for the hikes. We were getting gouged before the carbon tax.

I can't help thinking that Abbott is pursuing this for the sake of it and I doubt he will get much political mileage out of it after a budget that has alienated most of the nation in the way it was delivered. Of course that is not to say I don't agree with his underlying reasoning behind the budget but the associated mixed messages and the breadth of the cuts were too great to deliver in one blow.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.