CAY 1.30% 7.8¢ canyon resources limited

On the ground in Cameroon

1. 10,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6069
    I will possibly have comms issues over next few days as I will be heading out on an overnight sleeper at the end of today to tenements. Had dinner last night with 3 of the In-country staff for CAY as well as the project manager Shannon Green. I also met the country manager for Mota Engil, whom Canyon have announced as a strategic partner.

The team I had dinner with last night are some of the people that will help bring this about. and that we are all relying upon. I was impressed with their experience and their ability to think creatively to solve the little problems of day to day operations. Some of this was on display during the dinner conversation. 

Two of the meetings today were with Raoul Kouakam Mbenjo the Canyon Government Relations Manager in Cameroon and Christopher Acha-Morfaw the Finance and Administration Manger. I was appreciative of the skill set and background of both of these gentlemen. Raoul the relationships manager has previously worked extensively with Camiron, the Sundance subsidiary, in a similar role and has VERY good connections to higher levels within Government and the bureaucracies.

Christopher has a business and admin background. He historically owned the British American Tobacco distribution network in Cameroon, was educated within Marketing and Business disciplines in the US, worked as Exec Assistant to the equivalent of the head of supervision of the Cameroon Electoral Commission and then came on board as Altus' in country manager a number of years ago. Once Canyon took on the joint venture over Birsok he became a Canyon staffer on a full-time basis. He then assisted with the process of Canyon building relationships in order to facilitate the obtaining of approval to take over the Minim Martap tenements.

I was pleased to see the quality of experience and skills that Canyon have on board with these two men. It didn't escape my attention that the process of ensuring good people on the ground in Cameroon get to benefit from the project as well as the Aussie share holders starts at the top. They have a similar plan which is already being implemented with the locals out on site. That win-win goal is furthered with items such as buying produce from local villagers, training locals to become the next generation of drillers etc.

From both of these gentlemen I received a very clear impression that they regard the process of taking Canyon through to success is every bit as important for Cameroon as it is for us share holders. Reputations and the welfare of Cameroon will be advanced with a successful project delivery.

Last but far from least, I also met with James Castiau, Canyon Country & Operations Manager. His resume/experience is particularly impressive. James' working career has ranged from being a parachutist with the French Foreign Legion  through to being Operations Manger for miners such as Alufer In Guinea, BHP at numerous sites and RIO. There were many other roles but I'm sure you get the flavour. He gave me a detailed analysis of risk factors in both Cameroon and Africa in general.  He came across as very confident in the ability of Canyon, with the help of the Cameroonian government, to bring the project to a successful launch. Tonight I will be overnighting up to site on the same rail line that Canyon will utilise to export bauxite. No doubt I will hear some of James' more colourful stories over a bottle of red in the creaking train carriage tonight.

In summary, there is a pervading sense that these men believe the country of Cameroon is behind them and just as focused on a successful project delivery as we all are.

A few photos to follow and I will get a post on the tenements through when comms permit.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1439/1439404-96a8039ed7babd6583e3e56f3adeee58.jpg
    The road from the airport in to Yaounde.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.8¢
Change
0.001(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $107.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.8¢ 7.8¢ 7.7¢ $9.947K 128.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 94175 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 3538 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.39pm 12/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.7¢ 7.7¢ 7.7¢ 2163
Last updated 10.44am 12/06/2024 ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.