RaMa09 / pseudonymX Of course I'm only asserting. This is an...

1. 6,471 Posts.
    RaMa09 / pseudonymX

Of course I'm only asserting. This is an anonymous forum for bouncing around ideas. My beliefs have changed by degree all through my life and I am willing to throw away everything I believe if I discover a better belief.

"This sounds very similar to the 'we don't understand that, therefore an intelligent being must have done it'. Isn't impressive an argument at all."

True - very few of my arguments are impressive, but, I have formed an opinion that nothing produces nothing. That without some external interaction the inertia of a pre-big bang - whatever it was state would not and could not have begun a transformation into the physical universe we are part of.

I do not believe in any kind of being, any kind of intelligence. Whatever it was and is, it is all encompassing, all cognitive. It is the essence, just like all the invisible forces that bind this universe together from the atom to the galaxy, that gives form and function to essentially energy to become matter and then embeds life within matter.

As for - 'we don't understand that, therefore an intelligent being must have done it'.

That is a pretty good conclusion to a really baffling series of questions. Who am I, what does it all mean, man? Why do I exist, why does anything exist? Is there a point to all this?

It is no small conclusion to reach and takes a considerable amount of abstract thinking, and in the absence of a better answer, then the religionists have the winning answer at this stage.

Because it just happened, or (There is no requirement for a 'reason' the universe has no cognition, has no 'will')
    just don't cut the mustard. Without 'reason' or 'will' it would have been content to do nothing rather than go to all this bother of creating worlds and myriad life.

Without reason and will we don't get out of bed and neither would the universe.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.