POS 0.00% 0.7¢ poseidon nickel limited

How much can they sell the entire company for if they put it up...

1. 4,979 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2239
    How much can they sell the entire company for if they put it up for sale right now?
    Good question. The secondary market (ASX) is currently valuing the company's equity (MC) at $30M. The enterprise value (EV) will be MC, less cash holdings (no factoring for debt because there isn't any). Say, current EV = ~$27M.
    It's entirely possible that the Board has the entire company up for sale right now or just some parts (projects). Just speculation on my part.
    I'm not going to offer any kind of estimate for what a potential buyer might offer (how long is that piece of string?), but I'll say this: If someone was prepared to bid $30M for the equity you'd get 0.8c. At $50M you'd get 1.35c. It doesn't really move the needle a great deal, does it? The real trick is in finding a counter-cyclical player with the capacity and preparedness to bid on a marginal Ni play right now. What price would you pay if you had the means and a vulture-like mentality.
    You know what previous management paid for BS and LJ, so that should give you a starting point. "Good grief", you might say. Yep.
    So what if a potential suitor cannot be found (for part or all of the company)? Well, that was the whole point of my recent posts.

Ok, here are some of my thoughts on your letter to Craig:

Any prospect of a BS FID atm is a distant dream. The economics of the BS project are such that it won't make any money atm. Why? Because the Ni price has deteriorated to a point well-below the BFS so as to make it economically unviable atm. Being a LTer you should know this. Nobody is going to bother getting out of bed for that project atm. No lender will lend the debt component -- not even an offtaker. The equity component is equally unviable atm. Even if the equity was available you definitely wouldn't want it at the current SP (read on).

In short: Put the idea of a BS restart out of your mind for the foreseeable future. It will free you up to think about other things.

I don't want to sound harsh here, and I well understand the pain you are suffering, but try to put yourself in the shoes of a lender or a potential investor who is asked to pump new money into the BS project right now. Would you, if you had it? Even if new equity money could be found that was prepared to fund the entire restart (purely theoretical), have you thought about what changes would be required to the share registry in order to accommodate the new money (i.e. either at 50% debt/equity or even 100% equity, which is purely theoretical)? It's what's 'affectionately' (ha!) known as being diluted into oblivion. Yes, you'd still technically own shares in the company, but after the dust had settled it would be far, far, far lower than your current proportional share in the company. In practical terms you'd end up (at that new starting point) materially worse-off than the 90% you have already lost.

Finally, mate, I'm gonna try my best to gently brace you for not much in the way of meaty response from CJ. You've asked him some questions that he's simply not going to be at liberty to divulge due to his Corps Act and ASX obligations (i.e. think continuous disclosure obligations in which sensitive information must be disclosed to everyone, not just those who ask). I expect he'll answer your question around the restart along similar lines that I outlined above.

Nothing above is intended to be critical. I understand it's emotional. I really do. Ask me about the week I just had. However, you have asked for feedback, so here there it is.

PS. If you intend sharing CJ's reply on the forum, I recommend giving him the courtesy of letting him know beforehand. In my experience it's unlike to influence *what* he writes, but it's not unreasonable for him to know whether he's replying to an individual or a public group. Just basic common courtesy where I come from.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.6¢ $29.17K 4.241M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 6441276 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 39406386 68
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 16.7 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.6¢ 5672266
Last updated 15.35pm 22/05/2024 ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.