Hairyback, I've never made any such comments about Cathy...

1. 46,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hairyback, I've never made any such comments about Cathy McGowan; nor have I alleged that she was a player in a widespread voting scam. I'll leave that to people with deeper pockets than me.

But as someone who taught for 35 years in rural public schools I know what happens to kids as they graduate from high school. Where their parents live remains 'HOME' for up to a decade as their temporary place of abode changes - sometimes even several times in a single year [eg. Halls of Residence only during university terms].

It even happened to me as I remained enrolled in Indi even during years when I could have voted in marginal seats in Melbourne - changing where you're enrolled to vote every university term / semester is an absolute nonsense for kids who have no other permanent address.

That the AEC could only find fault with TWO naïve school kids in all of Australia is absolutely stunning and IMO testimony to the highly partisan and grossly unfair witch-hunt initiated by very sore losers in just one seat.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.