OVT 0.00% 0.4¢ ovanti limited

The AFR article is so f'ing lazy and sloppy. I find it hard to...

1. 1,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 748
    The AFR article is so f'ing lazy and sloppy. I find it hard to believe it got through editor's approval.
    The real story about IOU and share price is that there are 2 distinct forces at work - that are parallel and somewhat independent.

1) the building of the business
    this company is coming together piece by piece - each brick is a key to future success - the number of onboarded merchants dictates the number of potential future transactions - total $ transactions dictates the ultimate value of the business - IOU makes money today; builds more opportunities for itself today; to make even more money tomorrow - that trajectory is unfolding at speed - IOU is moving forward as fast as any tech company can reasonably travel - so we don't have to wait very long for progress

2) the demand for shares
    share demand moves in waves - it trends - hence technical analysis - sometimes the SP rises way too far too fast - sometimes it plummets - even though the company is making steady progress - this is SP action - humans are sheep - the follow the herd both up and down. There is no definitive logic to the SP of a tech company who is growing - its a moveable feast - the SP on any given day is not even a rough guess of value - its a random number created by all the bedwetters and optimists moving in every direction - it could jump 15% on opening and go under opening price by lunch - no rhyme or reason - just price action.
    When these jumps start to 'pattern' there are obvious trading opportunities - so you may well want to have a holding parcel and a trading parcel - and see if you can time it right - or you can just wait for the inevitable SP appreciation as the company grows.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.090M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $185 42.43K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 3775590 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6807357 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.23pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.