OVT 11.1% 3.2¢ ovanti limited

I think IOU is trying to be a small BNPL and dabble in niche...

1. 680 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    I think IOU is trying to be a small BNPL and dabble in niche ventures like IDSB when the market actually just wants big thinking and oversized bnpl players like afterpay, affrim etc

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/06/affirm-stock-jumps-on-deal-with-target-ahead-of-holiday-shopping.html

Affirm’s market cap has swelled to almost $35 billion as more retailers adopt its buy now, pay later service.Target said on Wednesday that it’s now offering installment loans from Affirm and Sezzle.Affirm and other lenders allow consumers to buy products upfront and pay for them in often interest-free increments.

shares jumped 15% on Wednesday after retail chainbegan offering its customers the online lender’s installment loan service for purchases of over $100.

Target said in athat it’s partnering with Affirm and smaller rivalas consumers gear up for the holiday shopping season.

“We know our guests want easy and affordable payment options that work within their family’s budget,” says Gemma Kubat, Target’s president of financial and retail services, in the post.

Buy now, pay later (BNPL) services, which are installment loans that often come with no interest fees, havein popularity as retailers respond to consumer demands for easy ways to pay without incurring debt. BNPL providers typically add a checkout button to a retailer’s website and then take a cut from the merchant on each transaction.

RBC Capital Markets estimates a BNPL option increases20% to 30%, and lifts the average ticket size between 30% and 50%.

Affirm went public in January at $49 a share, and its stock price has since jumped by over 150% to $127.80 on Wednesday. The company’s market cap has swelled to almost $35 billion.

An Affirm spokesperson confirmed the Target deal, and said in an email to CNBC that a recent survey conducted by the company showed 69% of Americans “are interested in using a pay-over-time solution this holiday season.”

Last edited by Samyvalue: 07/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.