OVT 25.0% 0.9¢ ovanti limited

An increasing share price definitely has a way of changing...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    An increasing share price definitely has a way of changing sentiment. I'd encourage you to make some notes somewhere about the business model and how you see it working now that your sentiment has changed. It's a good idea to do this on a great week like we've seen because you have a positive view of things at the moment. When a red day rolls around because it inevitably will, look back at the notes to give you some piece of mind. In a downtrend as we saw after the ATH a lot of investors lost focus of the bigger picture as you say. This may help keep you sane.

I personally have folders in Google Drive for each company I have invested in. I make a briefing before I buy any shares. The briefing is my justification for buying. I keep any meaningful research in this location and any HC posts that provide credible information also get saved. Without some sort of record keeping it's easy to lose focus.

This is not financial advice just an idea that I find helps me. I quoted Sun Tsu a couple of weeks ago, "Fight the enemy where they are not". In my interpretation, and in a business sense, this means to look for what you're enemy is not doing and then do it so well that you cannot lose. Other BNPL companies are focusing on growth, they want to expand as rapidly as possible. The issue is that when a business grows like this there's a risk of building on top of a bad foundation. As with a house, if it is built on top of a bad foundation, it's only a matter of time before it falls down.

IOU have chosen to focus on building a strong foundation in Malaysia. Malaysia as a country is heavily focused on digital transformation which creates an ecosystem for a digital payments provider like IOU to thrive. When the business grows it's customer base and begins earning profits, expansion can be paid for through existing operations. Now there's no doubt that additional funding will be required however IOU in my opinion is the best positioned BNPL company in terms of achieving profit.

I've been saying this since well before the share price increase and even on a pull back in the share price I'll continue to maintain this point of view. GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
-0.003(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $9.920M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 0.8¢ $96.47K 10.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 249633 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 2447272 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.40am 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.