OVT 25.0% 0.9¢ ovanti limited

>The concept of BNPL was nascent and exciting. Trying to compare...

1. 2,653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    >The concept of BNPL was nascent and exciting. Trying to compare it to IOU/BNPL today is nonsensical in my opinion
    Yes Mondy, but were people deeply concerned by the cash burn of the company, and did it tank their market cap?
    The investor sentiment revolving around IOU is "they're not operating at a profit therefore the company is not going to be around in 3 months". So if that's a reasonable judgment of IOU's, or any others, market value, why has it *never* applied to Afterpay? That's hardly a nonsense question.

>Arguing that IDSB is worth $100M today is misleading at best
    It's not at all misleading. It might be worth even more depending on the size and age of their customer database, and the infrastructure, IP, etc, they own. And how much is the AG code license worth, cash value?

>ZIP, EML, TYR, SZL, HUM, SPT, WZR, MME, OPY, IOU, LBY
    I don't know all the ticker codes, but the ones I do know do not offer 10 year loans terms, nor (again as far as the ones I know) do significant work on KYC and credit risk management. Having a database of customers you know can be relied on to pay for longer than 4 fortnights is valued differently to having a database of customers who can churn over a 3-6 odd month cycle.

>Why would all these ASX fintech/lenders - some of them quite established - trade at 2.3x revenues
    I guess that's what most investors focus have when considering the value proposition of a company - a proportion of revenue, or growth.
    Why was afterpays market cap circa 170 million with a FY revenue of 1.4 million then?

IDSB isn't publicly listed. When I say "it's worth 100 odd million" I mean "in a private sale to a company that would be able to make use of what they have". The ASX value of a company is somewhat different to it's private market value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
-0.003(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $9.920M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 0.8¢ $111.1K 12.31M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 3564315 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 693166 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.