TPI 4.29% 73.0¢ transpacific industries group ltd

TPI. Some of you may not like this post. I have a short position...

1. 11,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 682
    TPI. Some of you may not like this post. I have a short position for better or worse. I could close it at any time.

Some possible positives:
    1. The SP has risen even though there has been a very dilutive capital raising.
    2. There were stories about (big buyer) wanting to get a cheap significant stake. (Although I think it was nonsense - as they know how things work and are not silly enough to miss an auction deadline - I think it was a favour to gain some positive SP movement).
    3. There is a very obvious bottom on the chart with a near 100% rally from the adjusted low.
    4. There appear to be big buyer(s) at 79c to 80c who are sitting back catching stock from impatient sellers. Support at 79c has been very strong.
    5. PE is sitting at about 12 times forecast earnings.

Some possible negatives:
    1. On an adjusted chart - SP is sitting on the 50% fib retracement from recent high.
    2. There are lots of trapped longs in this one, and also lots of holders with perceived 60% profits from the recent rally after collecting stock at 50 cents. Will sell on fear.
    3. There appears to be distribution into the market at the current SP - there are big sellers at 79c/80c. Every time the SP drifts up a big seller appears.
    4. This co is a serial disappointment, and management will not let go of manufacturing for some reason. If at first you don't succeed - give up - especially when it requires a different skill set.
    5. We are probably in a bear market.
    6. There has been high volume with no new highs, and on a fifteen minute chart there were (in this current range) a few days of failed breakouts. Seems the SP is pushing down on the support now. (Descending triangle??)
    7. There is a gap to be filled down to 62c or so - if you believe in gap filling.

Any others to add?

If it breaks out of this current range in either direction - it will probably keep going that way for a while I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.