SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

Skol, That is the problem for those running the ETFs, (and a...

1. 882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56

Skol, That is the problem for those running the ETFs, (and a flaw with the etfs themselves) when the silver ETFs were dumped on the way down, the price was moving so fast the issuers would not have had time to offload the metal at the price that the holders of the shares sold at, it was the same on the way up, they were issueing millions of shares for silver, yet physical silver to fill these shares was extremely hard to find, so where did the silver come from on the way up and where did the silver go on the way down, it was debated that the silver that they were adding to the etfs on the way up must have been paper silver, maybe it was the same on the way down, in that case the silver didnt exist in the first place, so it wouldnt exist now either.

What I KNOW is that it is extremely difficult to source physical silver now, I dont know anywhere that is selling silver at spot plus fabrication cost, The two dealers that I use have no kilo or 100 oz bars, and the only bars that they have is at least 15% over spot and some are 20%+ over spot, the perth mint basically has no silver for sale, US eagles are still unavailable at less than 20-25% premiums to spot.

cheers grant

the above is opinion only and written without prejudice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.