14D 0.00% 6.5¢ 1414 degrees limited

14D Chart Thread, page-867

1. 1,714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 672

"Once this thing is running and we see results that will reflect in the sp"

What results are you hoping to see?
    What results do you think that they will even tell you?

I'm not sure what results you are hoping to see, unless it is just the point that the storage unit can get the silicon to a certain temperature using the bio-gas.
    As has been stated by 1414 in relation to Glenelg "It should be noted that efficiency is not a prime requirement for the site or most of the industrial sites we have assessed."
    From the lame announcement of the commissioning results, "the results that were expected to be reported later in November" I can only conclude that the TESS chewed through so much electricity that it was to embarrassing to make public knowledge.

Ok so Glenelg is free bio-gas which is to be burnt in an Oxygenated area, which they hope on the power side to achieve an output of 250 kw for 6hrs.

It irks me that 14d have on numerous occasions run down other forms of operations to pump theirs.
    "For example the current alternative to the GAS-TESS is a reciprocating engine that is expensive to maintain"
    Now if the reciprocating engines and generators at Glenelg are the same size as Bolivar they would be producing 2.4MW each, that is nearly 10 times the amount of electricity that 14d are hoping to produce an hour. Heat can also be co-generated from reciprocating engines.
    The three 2.4MW reciprocating engines that are in Bolivar SA water cost 26 million.
    Project Costs:
    Bolivar = $3,611 cost per kw
    14d Glenelg using the "KNOWN" $3.2 million would = $12,800 per kw

Reciprocating Engines: The average cost of CHP maintenance for reciprocating engines is approximately $0.0177/kWH
    So using a unit price of 30 cents per kwh on a 2.4MW unit, it would cost ~$43 per hour (maintenance costs) to produce $720 of electricity from a 2400 kw unit.
    How much will it cost an hour to oxygenate the GAS-TESS for 250 kw or $75 dollars worth of electricity? That's assuming that they can get 250kw out of the 333kw rated unit, which they hope to get for a continuous 6 hours.

14d pitiful commissioning announcement hammered some big nails into the coffin imo .
    Wave your pom poms everybody, Results Verified By Bureau Veritas:
    Average output of 104kw over a period of 8 hours (12 Nov 2018)
    Average output of 148kw over a period of 3 hours (30 Oct 2018)
    Maximum PCM temperature 1418 DegC (7 Nov 2018)
    "The full report will not be disclosed to protect the intellectual property of 1414 degrees technology."
    The lack of what they could have easily disclosure speaks for itself IMO

SA waters aim is to be $0 Net electricity costs by 2020, and I don't see 14d contributing sweet FA to this goal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 14D (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.5¢ 6.5¢ 6.5¢ $1.104K 16.97K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8095 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.4¢ 1065 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.40am 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
14D (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.