SWM 5.88% 18.0¢ seven west media limited

2 Bucks, page-21

1. 2,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    Cheers for sharing this Gray, I had my concerns about this in the background but as today's action is showing, perhaps I should have this more in the foreground, especially short term as the market is viewing it presently.

Look as they said, "It has to do so, and it surely will,...." a solution will be reached. I cannot see how management would not be acutely aware of such an article and it's reaction in today's market action. For some who think this business is going away, continue to short it, but if you think that it's being priced as a Mining Service business and can see some value still long term, wouldn't you be prepared to purchase it now or sometime soon when it's being valued at close to junk status.

Remember Kerry Stokes and management have effectively been buying above $2 in recent years, so I can't see how they won't be able to reach a workable solution. I'm prepared yet again for a contrarian approach and will sit this one out, and get paid handsomely in dividends to do so... I just can't see a business like this with a premier brand and market leading position with TV and print assets in WA just suddenly falling over. And we haven't even begun to see the reach laws addressed. Once they go I can see Nine and SXL, and Seven and PRT going into a big M&A phase. Do you see SWM at that point being priced @ 6/7 times earnings... I certainly do not.

Kerry, despite being 75 isn't a mug, and it's not in his interest whatsoever to just see his fortune be wiped out. Entrepreneurs like KS always find ways of reinvigorating themselves or their companies. I will back the man, not just because of his record, but also of course because of where we are currently in the economy. Advertising will bounce (perhaps not to pre-internet adv levels) but because there will be an uplift in consumer sentiment and spending. If this were a high interest rate environment I would be more worried about debt covenants, but I simply refuse to believe that there are no viable and good long term options for all parties involved..

PS I know you have a price in mind Gray, maybe we're not there yet in your mind

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.010(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $277.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $150.2K 854.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 82638 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 602466 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.