OVT 25.0% 0.3¢ ovanti limited

2 Cents by June 2022, page-82

1. 5,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5069
    Sorry @DanMachine, I overlooked this reply. All I'll say from here is that the assertion they're not a BNPL stock goes against how the company has positioned itself in all of its ASX announcements and its public marketing. Read the recent quarterly again, almost everything in there (bar a page on IDSB) is about BNPL. myIOU is the company's flagship product, and as for the digital transaction side - frankly the market could not care less about it. It's low margin business with no prospects for upsell, they're just doing data processing. There's a reason why from 2015-2020 the old ICU traded around 1x revenues (and sometimes even less).

I say this as someone who initial bought into this company because I wanted to get investment exposure not just to BNPL (I could have chosen any number of ASX options), but the digitization of the SEA economies. I think that investment opportunity still exists, but other companies are miles in the lead now. Remember the late October 2020 presentation and how IOU talked about first-mover advantage? >18 months later they're still only in Malaysia, trying to get their TTV over $25M, with barely any spare cash in the bank and no debt funding. In June last year a Malaysian journalist wrote a critical piece about IOU's lofty opinion of themselves when they first launched, and despite copping a fair amount of abuse on Twitter/FB for it, he's only been proven more and more correct:

IOUpay Touts Market Leadership for Months Despite Only Launching BNPL Solution Today - Fintech News Malaysia
    Last edited by mondyinvest: 17/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $3.720M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $103 34.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
45 17553344 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 1539491 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.49am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.