SPL 2.02% 9.7¢ starpharma holdings limited

$2 Party!!!!, page-35

1. 2,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 629
    I have seen these patterns before and have commented. Most times the same volume is repeated every half cent down on the buy side and up on the sell side. If this strategy has a purpose then I do not know what it is.

The placing of an offer like the one I mentioned would have one purpose and one purpose only. To depress the CSPA. And I cannot believe that this would be M&G because it makes zero sense for them to do this. It would make sense if there was a similar sized bid at a very high price because this is simply a way of institutions determining a trade price during CSPA. When a high bid and a low offer match on volume it has little impact on the market.

Maybe I am idealist but I dislike market manipulation by bulk, call it bullying the market, if you like. I put the shorter sellers in this category because only institutions are in a position to borrow stock and have their computers linked directly to the exchanges.

The Gamestore fiasco in the states is a prime example of what should not happen. Not that the hedge funds got what they deserved but that they created the situation in the first place by short selling.

If there is a place for short selling then let it be with the synthetics and keep it out of the investment business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
-0.002(2.02%)
Mkt cap ! $39.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.9¢ 10.5¢ 9.6¢ $48.56K 493.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 192364 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.8¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.50 %)
Open High Low Volume
9.9¢ 10.0¢ 9.6¢ 118602
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.