SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

20% correction imminent, page-49

1. 882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    johnaus I will run though it point by point

'There is no disconnect, if you are a wholesale buyer of silver you can get it at spot, no you can't buy 2 ounces at spot but thats just a simple function of a middle man having to take a slice for their profit ie. Perth mint prices a few % above spot at any given time'.

No one is talking about buying a few ounces, take a 100 oz bar, I dont know a dealer that has one for sale at present, yeah I could order one for deliver in july at >10% or $350 over spot, these bars 12 months ago where readily available for around spot plus 3% (fabrication cost), Its nothing to do with the middleman taking his cut, it is simply supply and demand, dealers and suppliers can not keep up with the demand for physical silver, so margins increase if you can get it, and no, wholesale buyers can not get physical silver at spot price at present.

'Perth mint prices a few % above spot at any given time'.

The only silver you can presently buy from the perth mint is over 30% over spot, there is not one bar for sale.

'If you hold a futures contract you are guaranteed to be able to take physical delivery'

This is simply not correct, nothing to do with naked shorts, but there are clauses in the contract allowing the seller to settle in SLV ETS shares instead of physical silver metal, this seems like a get out of jail card to me, if there ever was a real short squeeze, the shorters could use this clause to avoid non delivery.

What would you think if bunnings had no copper!

cheers grant

the above is opinion only and written without prejudice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.