SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

A 100oz bar?World silver production last year was 740 MILLION...

1. 392 Posts.
    A 100oz bar?

World silver production last year was 740 MILLION ounces, it's laughable to think someone could buy a 1000 ounce bar at the same price (spot) as the metal distributor buying 20million ounce lots.. If 1k of those ounces cost an extra 10% for some reason it wouldn't even factor in.

It's the same with wheat, soybeans, coffee, oil whatever. Spot price is what the big buyers buy for and the big sellers sell for, the rest is essentially noise. (no it's not manipulation by the 'big boys', but don't kid yourself into thinking 1k ounce is wholesale)

I would like to read those clauses that say you can settle in SLV which I don't think I believe until proven otherwhise, but as I mentioned before even if it were true that you could settle in SLV shares, you could take your SLV shares to the trust, the trust will take your shares, destroy them and hand over the silver backing them.

As long as SLV shares exist, so does the physical silver.

And JB You'll notice that open contracts for delivery in May (April contract's) ended up to the tune of something like 3000, which is what 15m ounces? Nobody wants the silver it's just traders, but if you wan't it, you can get it, trust me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.