GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Hiya @FrantzFanon, Firstly let me say I completely agree that...

1. 210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197

Hiya @FrantzFanon,

Firstly let me say I completely agree that communications from GXY are woeful. I find I spend a lot more time searching out information on what's really going on with this stock than I do with any other in my portfolio, and it really needn't be that way.

Much of the information is available though, and it is most commonly to be found in what AT says in informal conversation. Almost offhand comments about vertical integration, downstream processing at all three projects, GXY becoming a Li chemicals producer rather than a mining company, the longer term plan to be in the top five of the world, - I've not found these in formal company reports.

That it's not better is a minor frustration for me though and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcomes if not the silence. I recognise that it's often better to let good operators play to their strengths rather than demand a change in their methods. I didn't notice many complaints when SDV north was sold to POSCO. The fact that shareholders knew nothing about that transaction before it was announced was completely justifiable.

I am also quietly confident that just like a duck seems to be gently drifting on a pond, there is a lot of activity going on below the waterline.

WRT SDV, the transcript of the last conference call shed a little bit more light on what we can expect as well as what is happening.

I've highlighted a couple of points in the Q&A that refer to the ongoing development and timeline adjustment and post it below, just to soothe the nerves of those who may be getting somewhat impatient.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-gxy-ax-earnings-092439636.html

Reg Spencer, Canaccord Genuity Limited, Research Division - Mining Analyst [22]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay. And last one is just on Sal de Vida. I'm just going to follow up on Nick's question. Just want to, I guess get a better feel for how we should think about the development time line or an expected FID date on Sal de Vida. I know the situation [seemed like fluid] given that you are still in the midst of discussions and you're still evaluating proposals. But if we had to look at this from a modeling perspective, this slight delay on when an FID was originally meant to be made, should we be thinking about a 6-month delay in the first production, 12-month, anything along those lines?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anthony Peter Tse, Galaxy Resources Limited - CEO, MD & Executive Director [23]
    Yes, Reg, I think in terms of our original time line, obviously, we were kind of aiming for the first half of this year. I think we're still kind of inclined to kind of think that we can achieve the necessary steps to kind of get us into a similar place within this calendar year. A couple of things that I want to point out, firstly is notwithstanding the fact that obviously the strategic process is taking up a little bit more time than expected, we are actually very much kind of committed and have a high level of conviction to actually develop the project. I mean, we've recently made an announcement to actually bring on board a very senior and seasoned project director, a gentleman called Mike Nelson. And he himself, at the moment, has already kind of stationed himself in country. He's actually going to be spending most of his time there. We're very much ramping up our operations there as well as the organization structure. We've recently signed up a new, quite large office space, about 600 square meters in Catamarca City. And so apart from the strategic process, we are very much looking to ramp up activity. We've obviously kind of completed a fair portion of the [earth work] for the test ponds and everything else. So very much still trying to undertake the operational initiatives that we had originally planned. In terms of the other point that I'd like to make is what Alan was referring to earlier in terms of through some of those discussions that we've had with our potential partners, obviously, there was a level of interest to actually evaluate to what extent we can actually potentially eke out more efficiencies, both financially and operationally on the process. And so that's why we're now also spending a bit more time looking at potentially adding some of the more unconventional kind of stages and processing steps into our overall flow sheet. That obviously will be a good use of time from the team during this period when we're obviously still looking to close the strategic process. Coming back to the overall time line, I think we had originally budgeted something, which was along the lines of about 3 years. Now 3 years plus if you -- as you would appreciate, Reg, you know every single brine project takes a fair amount of time to actually ramp up, normally kind of 2 to 3 years to get them to a steady state. I mean, that is a 5-, 6-year process. And even though over a 5-year process, you think about it in months. That's actually 60 months. So if we actually end up taking an extra 6 months to kind of end up -- we -- finding the right partner -- but also not only the right partner but the right structure as well for the transaction. I mean, we firmly believe that Sal de Vida is very much a world-class asset. It's one of the best undeveloped assets in the world from within the lithium space. And we really do want to get it right both from the partnership structure as well as the process. And so we think that this world-class asset is going to be kind of our flagship going forward. And so that's why in the whole scheme of things, if we end up taking an extra 3 to 6 months or whatever it is to actually get that recipe right in terms of the partnership and the development plan for the project going forward, I think that's kind of where we want to be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.