VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

Hey 3rd door... "Everybody on this forum seems to think the...

1. 1,172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    Hey 3rd door...
    "Everybody on this forum seems to think the Merck are getting the company for a steal"
    That's because they are!!
    We are not happy about that!!
    But it's the best we have right now... a bird in the hand.
    Cavatak, to my mind, is also extremely valuable to BMS... in combination with their drug.
    There is plenty of time for them to make a higher offer(very slim chance).... only BMS know their own intent.
    If they don't .... then $1.75 is what we have on the table.
    What would that do to Merck's resolve?

Try selling your house for what you think it's worth... good luck on that one!

If a "no" vote should get up(an unlikely eventuality)... I will be very dirty, so I will NOW consider exiting at sub $1.75 prior to the voting process....as I believe the SP will get closer to $1.75 , with time decay.
    If a "no" vote should then succeed I will be a very interested bystander watching the SP drop significantly (a no brainer)... whilst the "no" vote smarties continue to "smart..." as time passes without any further offers forthcoming AND ... while alien Clinical Trial Results from other entities dribble onto the market.
    But then the "no" voters will have enjoyed the satisfaction of not selling because Merck would have obtained Cavatak for a steal.... and they ("no" voters) will have triumphed in the pyrrhic war.

"I dont think this is the maximum Merck would be willing to pay for the technology."
    Yes it is ... if there is no rival bid. Do you really think Merck are not across the whole scenario.... and certainly light years more advanced than VLA shareholders' understanding of the state of affairs?

"A no vote is not final it just says the offer on the table is too low."
    Agreed!... however, the absence of a rival bid reinforces Merck's confidence not to increase their $1.75 offer.
    Further, the VLA Board are in full support of the offer.
    Ask yourself why.
    Even a 50c/share increase in the offer would translate to substantial increases to their individual net worth
    Put yourself in Merck's position .... would you offer more?

"I can only make an informed decision when all the information is available".
    I guess "all the information" refers to the 'deadline for a rival bid' having passed .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.