A Brief History of Tomorrow, page-4

1. 8,407 Posts.
    Thanks for the heads up but oh no ... more hour long Youtube videos !!

As far as reaching a certain view of Humanity's future based on the current Western trajectory, I think he was being rather kind actually.
    He summarised pretty well the move from "authority from on high" through to "authority from my feelings" through to the present "authority from the data/science/social media/Google/Youtube etc."
    I didn't get the impression he was dismissing the numinous, just accepting that in general it is not a significant factor in Mankind's current direction.

Interestingly he dared to express doubts about Western Man's cherished twins of "free will" and "my reliable feelings" so at present he is one of the little boys pointing out in public that the Emperor has no clothes, which never goes down very well.
    Most religions, all advertising, politics, money fleecing, economic theories and selling of food and other things that are detrimental to human life, rely strongly on pitching that the average person has and can rely on those twins, whilst benefiting from the fact they are mostly illusions.

Probably his ideas about where this will lead depends on whether technology continues in the way it has and is not disrupted by natural disasters or the Second Coming, which wotsup seems pretty confident is likely to begin around mid September this year if I understand what he is saying .. which admittedly is a long shot.

As time permits I'll be interested to see some of Mr Harari's question and answer sessions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.