" Trivial inane BS " ?Poor old snowflakes thinking they're...

1. 35,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

" Trivial inane BS " ?

Poor old snowflakes thinking they're losing their position in society. The reality is, even if people called you a gentleman they probably did it through clenched teeth.

It obviously hasn't occurred to you that not everyone wants to addressed as Sir , Mr , Madam etc. Quite a lot of people find that as offensive and awkward.
    You might get a little excited when someone calls you sir but I actually find it a bit silly. I'm no more special than the person serving me. I'm more than happy for them to just say hi or g'day.

A perfect example is this thread where some people think they should be ' respected ' by being called a gentleman when they actually aren't. That reeks of class distinction.
    Respect, in my book, needs to be earned.

As long as people are polite when addressing other people, what's the problem ? Rather than have a list of titles to use and trying to figure out which one suits the occasion, what's wrong with a polite ' hello ' ?

If you met a pedophile or an axe murderer for the first time, would you call them ' Sir ' ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.