AVE 0.00% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

a fat fact

1. 5,890 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17584
    Turps

Since you asked me to weigh in to the debate re the Bodyshaper name...

Firstly, I disagree with POS and JF’s suggestions of Cellucreme or FatBurner.

Let’s consider Cellucreme first. It tells me no more about what it does than BodyShaper. And as the issue of potential confusion came up – names of some currently available cellulite creams are Celucreme, Cellulean, Cellutone, Celluthin, Cellutherm, CelluScience, CelluREZ, CelluliteRX. By now you’re probably getting the picture – the cellulite market is full of a lot of similarly named products which can be hard for the consumer to distinguish between.

Fatburner, which I agree sounds like an exercise machine, is more direct and less used. But there’s a good reason for that, namely false claims in advertising laws. Here are two examples of recent cases where companies stepped on the wrong side of the line. The most recent here in Australia was Swisse Vitamins.

19 April 2012
    After investigating several complaints, the (Therapeutic Goods Advertising Complaint Resolution Panel) CRP found the promotion of a number of Swisse products was misleading, had not been verified or raised unwarranted expectations.
    The CRP requested Swisse pull promotion that claimed certain products were “clinically proven” or “independently tested”, as well as its “Tired? Stressed? You’ll feel better on Swisse” tagline. The matter is currently awaiting judgement while the CRP determination remains suppressed.

http://theconversation.edu.au/swisse-vitamins-highlights-the-failure-of-industry-self-regulation-6535

In the second case in the United States last year, Nivea was fined close to $1 million.

August 23, 2011
    Is there any hope for fighting fat with creams? The Federal Trade Commission just finalized an order to settle charges against Beiersdorf, Inc. for falsely claiming that regular use of its Nivea My Silhouette! skin cream can significantly reduce users’ body size.

The company is paying out quite a fine, $900,000, as part of the settlement. Under the final agreement Beiersdorf may not claim that any product applied to the skin causes substantial weight or fat loss or a substantial reduction in body size; that any drug, dietary supplement, or cosmetic causes weight or fat loss or a reduction in body size, unless the claim is backed by two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical studies; or that any drug, dietary supplement, or cosmetic has health benefits, unless the claim is backed by valid scientific evidence.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nivea-fat-reducing-cream-fined-for-false-claims

Thus Fatburner is also likely to attract the wrong sort of attention and I don’t think POH or its shareholders are keen to waste $1 million on fines and then be forced to change the name.

In my opinion there are so many similar sounding names out there in cellulite land you either accept you’re going to sound somewhat “me too” or you go left of field, which is usually my favoured route.

My first idea was Silencing the Fat Lady (and wouldn’t all females like to silence that inner demon). The problem with this name is, although attention-getting, it’s also suggestive of contract killing and politically incorrect on the grounds of weight and gender, so is probably ill-advised.

My second idea was that some of our most famous beauty products are numbered - Chanel No.5, Boots No. 7. It sounds like the product was carefully chosen after many, many scientific trials. Clever. So BS could morph into Elixia 9604. The problem with this is, it’s not just AOP9604 that makes the product work, plus we license that ingredient, rather than own it.

My third and final idea is based on my tendency to use mnemonics as memory aids. What sets BS apart? It’s the “Tricellite Active” in conjunction with the TPM delivery.

That’s a FACT.

Forskolin, AOP 9604, Caffeine and TPM. So I’d call it FACT. Easy to remember, unique in the field, highlights the key point of difference, sounds a bit like FAT but stays the right side of the line, and lends itself to obvious advertising such as - FACT is, 80% of women have unwanted cellulite ... or something similar.

But the fact is, POH have already decided on another name, so this is probably just an interesting but pointless discussion!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.923M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
54 86239613 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 63389028 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.26pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.