ADN 6.25% 1.7¢ andromeda metals limited

Firstly I want to say thanks for providing some entertaining...

1. 5,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1742
    Firstly I want to say thanks for providing some entertaining colour and movement to this discussion.

I've never shorted a stock. I want to ask you, on these short trades, what do you see as your maximum percent return? 100%, 200%, 1000% and what is your potential exposure to loss if the trade goes against you?

In another stock discussion, yesterday someone posted a video extract of an old interview with Peter Lynch. I loved his line about long investing. To paraphrase his comment; "How much can you lose on a stock investment? It's limited to 100% right? But what is the potential upside 2,3,5, 10 bags?".

To be honest, I think you shorting strategy, as valid as it may be, is causing amusement because many shareholders of ADN are sitting on many bags of profit and don't really care if the share price retraces a bit. They are long investors in for the long term.

I got in much later than many of the holders that post here. I sold down to take back my initial capital outlay which got me free carried. I sold down one bag of profit recently. I'm still sitting on four bags of profit on an initial capital outlay that I've already recouped. So right now the risk to my initial capital outlay is zero (technically it's negative 100%) and the upside is uncapped.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $52.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ $56.04K 3.534M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 67044 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 2945887 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.