XJO 1.75% 8,092.3 s&p/asx 200

My experience is all of the above, I think IG is the lesser of...

1. 241 Posts.
    My experience is all of the above, I think IG is the lesser of the 2 evils. I don't think the L2 option is a solution for index trading ? unless I've totally misunderstood, it gives DMA for oz shares, but indexes, forex etc are still the same synthetic products that you get under the normal IG platform ?

In the face of all the MM rorts, the alternative that people aree suggesting is the "real" market. For the SPI my understanding is that the margin for 1 contract is $3,700 and you are playing at $25 per point and you are also betting on what the price will be on say 31/12/2007, from what I read here you are also playing against the m.i.b and the ppt. All that gives me a headache - I would like an instrument that tracks the real price of the real market as it is today, not what you think it might be in 3 months time, plus or minus all the alpha, beta, delta, decay nonsense.

For the average retail punter $3,700 is alot to put down in one bet to effectively punt on a $170,000 odd equity position. Probably most here are mucho cashed up than me, but I would like to play with multiple eggs and have the flexibility to change them from long to short fairly quickly. The problem is that at $3,700 deposit for a $170,000 egg I can't afford to buy many eggs

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.