ACX 0.00% $7.79 aconex limited

AECOM’s Big Picture

1. 3,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 746
    World's Biggest Engineering Firm Plans to Spend Billions to Become Biggest in Infrastructure March 7th, 2017

“We’re in the early innings of a long-term infrastructure boom,” said Michael Bourke, AECOM CEO, yesterday.

This is a very interesting video interview, giving AECOM’s view on US infrastructure spending:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...es-in-bid-to-become-biggest-in-infrastructure

Some quotes:

“Infrastructure spending by the U.S. government is likely to grow because it’s one of the few priorities shared by President Donald Trump, Republicans and Democrats in Congress, and voters, Burke said. Trump told Congress last week he wants to spend $1 trillion on infrastructure, a proposal Burke expects to be detailed later this year but that will take years to implement.

“I think a plan will be put in place before the end of 2017,” he said in a Bloomberg Television interview later Monday with Vonnie Quinn. “And then it will be implemented over the course of ’18 and ’19 and forward.”

“AECOM submitted a list to the U.S. Treasury Department of 40 transportation and water infrastructure projects which would cost about $200 billion and generate $700 billion to $1.3 trillion in net economic benefits by providing jobs while improving travel, safety and other efficiencies.”

Michael Burke also says in the interview that AECOM has US$3.5bn to spend on “strategic acquisitions”, which could mean even more projects for Aconex as AECOM expands.

Of course, OPEC may have a different view on the future of the oil price to Michael Burke.

AECOM signed its enterprise agreement with Aconex in late December 2017.

https://www.aconex.com/news/press-release/aconex-signs-enterprise-agreement-aecom
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This post is based on my own research and is not investment advice. When making investment decisions, always DYOR.

Last edited by jhunt: 08/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.