AGE 7.41% 5.8¢ alligator energy limited

And uncertainity leads to slight declineYes AGE lost 1 pip to...

1. 4,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3562
    And uncertainity leads to slight decline

Yes AGE lost 1 pip to finish on 4.6c. Our volume was comparatively low, under 20m shares traded. I bought some AGE at 4.5c today.

ASX U stocks were also generally weak. Of the 19 stocks that I track, average decline was around 2.5%. I finally got out of SLX today, it was 1 bag for me.

So we had the good news from Euro, but at this it is not making any impact. The market conditions are such that I was expecting it not have any impact in short term, and it turned out that way. We need either market conditions to improve or a very big catalyst, like spot price shooting dramatically, number of companies starting up, long term contracting at higher rate etc. Its not that it is not good news, its great news, but the benefits will come much later.

Overnight US U stocks were mixed with slight gains and losses. The ETF of URNM lost around 1.5%. The spot price really got excited with the Euro news, but in a negative direction. The U Future price dropped a whopping $1.80 to finish on $49.25.

What next -

Yesterday again the US markets were indecisive. The indices were again going red and green. All indices finished slightly ahead in the green. But it was not a usual DOW jungle dance, much more subdued. Instead of 13000 point swing for DOW, it was a measly 430 points. Very uncharacteristic behaviour based on recent performance.

So the US markets did not really provide any direction. And in this indecision time, stocks move sideways, which leads to slight decline, and we got that.

ASX also started tamely with no clear direction. The whole day it was tame, so stocks were having slight declines. But something changed in last hour or so. Not very dramatic, but ASX finished strongly into the green, short of 1% gain. Not sure what that was. Other days it used to drop in closing times, after a while did some gain in the end. The tide is turning? We wish, nothing is certain during these times.

My day again started with the dilemma. What to do with my trading stocks that I was holding. I have 50% stocks which I am long and don't trade. Rest I had sold and was in cash till 2 days back, day trading mostly. After much thought I decided to hold for a third day. Reason I am hoping that we will not see a huge red in US markets that will tank. It can happen, but probability is lower. So if it doesn't tank, it could go sideways with slight decline or make a good gain. Lot of analysts telling not to buy, but there are some who feel we are close to bottom. Anyway, in addition to what I bought before today, I put in some more today. So it will be third day hold with more input.

What will happen tonight? Its still very unpredictable. So DOW and other indices have more or less held themselves for 2 days. Nasdaq has made over 2% gain this week. Tonight, 2 key data before market opens - US Employment change and Balance of Trade. That could provide some direction. Today Asian markets were quite strong. Cryptos are doing all right, Bitcoin well above 20k. Volatility index VIX has decreased 3%, so punters are not panicking. US Futures are very slight green at this stage, though history has told us it does not mean much. We have seen indices go into huge deep reds and then recovering. We have seen it go sideways. But we have not seen it go deep in the green pastures for some time. Will it happen tonight? Lets hope so. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
0.004(7.41%)
Mkt cap ! $224.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 6.0¢ 5.6¢ $628.3K 10.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 55497 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 825665 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
0.004 ( 6.68 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.6¢ 5.9¢ 5.6¢ 7000050
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
AGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.