Aged Care, page-4

1. 2,938 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    Aged care has always been put into the "too hard basket".

I agree with most you have said but this IMO is not necessarily the case or main cause- many of the recommendations of successive inquiries, commissions and inquests have recommended similar things, and when you read them, many a reasonable person will say that sounds sensible as most are very basic and logical (eg ensure you mandate having a qualified RN on duty 24/7, basic ratios of staff, worker exclusion scheme for abusers, regulation on restrictive practices )- but the main impediment is how decisions are made and a bottom line government just looks to their special interests and lobby groups for advice. Plain fact is most of the recommendations require a cost shift away from the private providers and the cold hard fact is they will get the decision 9/10 over the average Australian imo-too much regulation, red tape costing companies-
    You only need to look at how the Feds approached covid (the RC is damning and very detailed) they were far more interested in political point scoring and laying in the boot than actually taking decisive and swift action- I would also argue that they did not have the skills or competence to understand many of the issues and the ministers deer in the headlines appearances worth a watch.

I am sure this will get the LNP cheer squad and ABC haters jumping up and down but as sad as shocking as these are if you have a look at the RC report not that uncommon and you will not see much of this in the other media!

Warning your taxes have made the owners of these companies very wealthy!

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/shocking-allegations-from-inside-a-luxury-aged/13194394

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.