CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

I doubt that this will happen.DERM and the players who have...

1. 1,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    I doubt that this will happen.

DERM and the players who have precipitated this will take refuge in "being vigilant to any threat to the environment however minor". This will be handballed to committees and panels and it will take months for a result to emerge.

If we are lucky that result will say in the most qualified way that UCG can be performed cleanly. To be sure there will be a laundry list of compliance measures for CXY and the rest of the industry.

In the meantime open cut coal, CSG and farm chemicals will continue to pollute.

The company and the sector (and HC posters) will have to do the hard yards as this becomes bogged down in political processes. As I said before: do not expect that DERM will apologise on Monday morning and withdraw the shutdown notice - that is not how these things play out. Calm, prudent argument and lobbying will be required to "fix" this, not strident outbursts.

CXY and UCG have been treated abominally and unfairly but there will be no media retractions - just self justification.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.