SPL 3.06% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

Starpharma AGM Summary (Part 1) Oh... and as I said I met...

1. 15,478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5573
    Starpharma AGM Summary (Part 1)

Oh... and as I said I met @Domesticgod there, which was a pleasure ... my apologies that I could not stay after the meeting DG ... had another commitment

Meeting opened with Chairman's address as per document issued ... I was a little disappointing that he couldn't pronounce some of the drugs (e.g DEP® cabazitaxel)

He also stated that a "Raft of new DEP drugs" will come into public domain in the next 12 months. While we all knew of same and guessed there would bw a few more ... me likes the statement "A Raft of new DEP® Drugs" .... hehe
    Reinforced that SPL can add tech to other drugs without creating new licence agreements.

Chairman said made reference to our submitted question in his speech:

"Won’t disclose two confidential partnerships so don’t ask the question later on"

Dr Jackie Fairley too the podium did a full recap on BV impacts (nothing new) but it was nice for new comers to get a basic understanding of the complexities of BV and the preference to use a non antibiotic treatment for same.

BV:

The BV NDA was discussed, including that it was 40,000 pages in the first instance. Jackie then advised that because of our Fast Track Status it allows additional submissions of information throughout this process... it is likely to end up being 100,000 pages in total. She added that as Dr Belvia Carter OB-Gyn had made this comment:

"VivaGel® BV is a wonderful product which specifically targets BV bacteria.
    My patients have called it a ‘life-changing and miraculous treatment’.”

....... in meetings with the FDA in support of our NDA approval, and that she would like SH's to know this.

LICENSING:

Jackie went on to say that obviously there is not a lot of details they can share re licensing, but they are at the pointy end of a number of discussions globally. Main points:-

1/. Running several license discussions.
    2/. Global deal with one company unlikely due to logistics, distribution, OTC vs Prescription and company presence in different regions.
    3/. Reviewing many Term Sheets.
    4/. Most likely 3 or 4 regions (Eg. Asia, UK, USA etc).
    5/. Discussions are in final stages.
    6/. The USA market is the biggest strategically and pricing is likely to be set in USA.
    7/. USA will be Prescription NOT OTC.
    8/. Strategically SPL is slowing other regions down to ensure USA is the first over the line, which will make sure they get best value for SH.
    Last edited by col69: 29/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.