SPL 3.06% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

Starpharma AGM Summary (Part 2) CONDOMS: Jackie mentioned that...

1. 15,478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5573
    Starpharma AGM Summary (Part 2)

CONDOMS:

Jackie mentioned that Condoms sale by Ansell is a positive move for SPL as it is now in the hands of a human world company so better re marketing of them. She is of the opinion that the focus will change re: promotion of products under the new ownership.

DEP:

A word to sum up DEP Technology is Optionality - Jackie likes that word... and she did go on to say her husband said there is no such word but she will continue to use it as he wasn't at the meeting today ..... I typed this for note for one reason - to show people that didn't attend that our CEO has a wonderful personality and a bit of humor mixed in with a real down to earth persona. She has many other qualities professionally, which I am sure many of you are already aware of.....

She gave a basic run down of benefits associated with:

DEP® docetaxel

DEP® irinotecan

DEP® cabazitaxel

There was not a lot of new information about these, Jackie just used the meeting to reinforce some of the great benefits these platforms have offered patients; the significant enhanced efficacy and safety in comparison to the original versions, QOL, etc etc

Jackie seemed very excited about the performance of AZD0466, going on to state "it is remarkable" ... she wishes she could share pre clinical trials data as they are astounding (but obviously cannot).

She then added that 2018 will have a lot of additional info on this product which will have the ability to increase our pipeline even further and bring out multiple candidates (I think candidates is the word I have here? sorry)

DEP® cabazitaxel trial is almost ready to start .... IMO she gave hints it will be sooner than we think - just my interpretation of the delivery of this item so don't hold me to that hehe ..... Some further points I have noted:-

a) The attraction is that it designed out major toxicities.

b) Phase 1 and 2 in one trial (combined).

SCALE UP FACILITY FOR DEP:

Scale up facility is saving SPL big dollars plus it is quicker (control in house), which means SPL can produce quicker and are no longer reliant on external parties. SPL can even produce for AstraZeneca trials... Jackie reinforced the benefits outlined on pagfe 38 of her presentation and then went on to say that this investment is the "biggest return on investment / money saving investment Jackie has ever bought" .

Jackie in closing stated that each milestone payment is a further validation of the DEP technology.

GENERAL:

General business and voting took place. Resolutions presented.

Shareholder asked question about performance rights and how it is taken from average of ASX300 companies ... He thought the 'bar' was pretty low to award such performance rights. SPL representative explained how this 'measure' was determined... I though it was an accpetable answer. IMO

Shareholder question Mr Hazelton’s previous experience before re election - his previous experience was not listed / publicised like other directors. He supplied a reasonable response.

All resolutions 1 thru 6 were approved with over a 90% approval (For Vote) in each instance.

I will post part 3 after I have dinner ...LOL

It is Shareholder questions and answers ... sorry me hungry

@Domesticgod can perhaps tweak anything I have missed ??
    Last edited by col69: 29/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
-0.003(3.06%)
Mkt cap ! $39.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.5¢ $12.55K 130.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 586785 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 56840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.