" I can't go to my local fish and chip shop a mile over the...

1. 2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    " I can't go to my local fish and chip shop a mile over the border in NSW ? "

It's the discretionary powers of the cops that is at issue on the NSW/VIC borders now.
    Andrews has deliberately opened a can of worms here so hmm, I'm expecting to see some tail wagging the dog type stories inserted into our media in response, quite soon, to counteract the inevitable humanist claims against the Vic police and the failed policies of the Andrews government.

If a mother from Tocumwal (NSW) is pulled up by police in Shepparton (95kms inside Vic) and the she tells police 'I had to get X####x headache brand tablets for my child because he vomits up the other brands and the only place that sells them is the huge chemist warehouse in Shep' and the cop responds 'That isn't good enough, I'm issuing you with a $1200 fine.' then there's going to be a lot of trouble.

We've got advice from lawyers in Vic to challenge all these covid fines and even lawyers willing to take these cases to court, pro bono.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.