amen to that.I have 4 grandchildren.One wants to be a bank...

1. 3,185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    amen to that.

I have 4 grandchildren.
    One wants to be a bank manager-NOW. She is 18 and looking for a job. No maths no accounting just likes the money.
    Second wants to be a world famous soccer player or athlete but would rather be with his girlfriend than train. His girlfriend has decided to go to Uni. I wonder how long it will be before she discovers he is a deadbeat?
    Third is not yet 12 but has ear rings, wears high heels and my wife and I reckon she will be a teenage pregnancy. Occasionally goes to school but teachers never call to ask why she has missed a couple of days at school. (Don't they mark attendance rolls like they used to??)
    Forth dropped out of high school (again the teachers never asked where he was.) Last anybody has heard from him he has joined a gang got tattoes and is known to the police.

My wife and I often go into a huddle and wonder what went wrong. Both our kids grew up in a happy home finished high school joined the army got higher qualifications 6 figure jobs in private enterprice. But the grandkids seem to be a product of the school system and teachers(which suck) and a legal system which takes discipline away from parents.
    Not happy Jan.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.