SPL 1.05% 9.6¢ starpharma holdings limited

An unfocused CEO

1. 3,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    I will just put it out there that I have been peeved off about our CEO Jackie Fairley and the performance of SPL for a while now. That won’t be a shock to many on this board lol.

In good faith though, I would like to know from others, is it reasonable that a CEO of a biotech company such as Starpharma (especially in it’s phase of development), sits on multiple other boards of companies? If she wants to be just a director, then sure, shop yourself around and deploy your skills and experience across multiple companies sucking on the corporate remuneration teat. But as a Chief Executive Officer, should she not be laser focused on OUR company?

From the Mirrabooka Investments (listed ASX company ticker code MIR) 2019 Annual Report, Jackie attended 10 MIR board meetings and 14 MIR investment meetings. Not sure how many of these meetings occurred concurrently to be fair. But that is Mirrabooka alone !! What about all her other positions?

This is straight from her Linkedin profile:
    ’In addition to her role at Starpharma Jackie is a Director of the Melbourne Business School and listed investment company Mirrabooka Investments Ltd. She is also a member the Investment Committee for Mark Carnegie’s Innovation Fund and the Chair of the Invest VictoriaAdvisory Board. She is past member of of the Commonwealth Science Council, Biotechnology Advisory Committee and Pharmaceutical Industry Working Groups.’

Please share your thoughts about her multiple board positions, especially if anyone has any corporate board experience. And I’ll leave you with a fun fact (to the best of my deduction).
    On the 30th of Jan 2018, SPL hit an intraday high of $1.67. The next month Jackie joined the board of MIR (in Feb 2018.). Our share price has never again reached that level. This may well be a coincidence, but pretty much since she decided to feather her nest in another ASX listed company, SPL has been on a downward slide with its share price. Just saying .....
    Sarge

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.6¢
Change
0.001(1.05%)
Mkt cap ! $39.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.6¢ 9.6¢ 9.5¢ $11.41K 118.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 239840 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 65000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.