OAK 1.43% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

Ann: Acquisition of Artificial Intelligence Company Jemsoft, page-65

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    Hi @Scarpa et al,

Until Jemsoft can prove their worth, I would take any forward looking statements from them with a grain of salt.

For example, the below article / link published in early 2016 states;

'Based on their contract pipeline, Jemsoft are now projecting $20 million in revenue this year.'

http://w3.unisa.edu.au/Alumni/Alumniupdate/2016/Issue1/STORY_VentureCatalyst.html

So let's look at the facts. More than a year has passed since that article was written and Jemsoft have not achieved anywhere near $20 million in revenue, otherwise Jemsoft would probably be worth more than Xped is currently, and this deal would have never been put on the table.

Instead Jemsoft have obviously experienced some major teething problems (i.e. versus their 2016 revenue projection) and this has resulted in an acquisition (by Xped) for @$900k. I would imagine that this business is operating at around 'break even', but without seeing the books we do not know their current outflows.

Thus based on the above comment in that article, it could be argued that Pinochio may have jumped into bed with his twin brother.

All in all, I view this deal as neutral at best, particularly given the cost to Xped - and lets face it Xped can ill afford to increase its costs/outflows at present - even if it's only $200k, it all adds up at the end of the quarter. I also see it as just another distraction to Xped's core business, just like JCT and Codium have proven to be.

GLTA

Cheers
    Elpha
    Last edited by elphamale: 11/05/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 6.9¢ $1.415K 20.34K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 91146 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.31pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.