DNK 0.00% 8.8¢ danakali limited

Ann: Annual General Meeting presentation, page-4

1. 4,290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2569
    ... just thinking about the presentation … I reckon they are a bit cheeky about their claim that the DNK share price has shown a greater than 290% increase since January 2015.

Firstly, why choose January 2015 as the starting point for that calculation? As far as I can tell that particular date has no significance. If they were fair dinkum they would have gone back say 5 years or to some particular major milestone for the company or project. In this case I don't think they did (or was that when they acquired the Colluli ground?), it seems they may have gone looking for a date when the share price was depressed so as to come up with a goosed figure ie >290%.

And secondly, who really gives a rat's about the share price performance over four and a bit years ago. The more pertinent performance is over the last 12 months or 24 months. And in both cases the DNY share price has done squat. Not saying that is their fault as I accept that they have delivered a steady, if somewhat glacial, flow of progress in the last couple of years. But why bother bragging about something that is patently a disappointment.

Anyway. let's see what Ozprey reports back about the AGM vibe (thanks in advance).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DNK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.