OCC 1.32% 38.5¢ orthocell limited

@GeorgieE and @Charalec if you look at the trading levels over...

1. 7,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6810
    @GeorgieE and @Charalec if you look at the trading levels over the past 5 years, some big volumes have gone through above $0.40 on announcement spikes. Plenty of Insto's bought in on big raisings at $0.50 and $0.40. Don't be too hard on yourselves having a buy average over $0.40; many investors have.

And that's what I find incredulous about OCC trading, along with many on here. Investors have bought in, FOMO at times, on signs that the business would be becoming a commercially successful one, often at prices well over $0.40. The BioHorizons deal a year ago pretty much confirmed it would for me. Veritas did a pretty good DCF style analysis to show that to be likely (positive cash flows the generally very simple required pre-requisite) in 2026 on their conservative sales analysis (and importantly that OCC wouldn't need another dreaded capital raise before then). And the recent Appendix 4C and now Full Year earnings report confirm OCC is shortly going to be, in a couple of years at worse, a profitable and cash flow positive company AND has enough (and frankly massive in proportion to its mkt cap of most listed companies) cash on its books to get there. That OCC is -5% on that formal earnings announcement is just ludicrous - but that's the mkts.

Alas the ASX is full of examples of companies with redundant Boards and overpaid executives running loss making companies. I can probably pick half a dozen Australian companies from my portfolio fitting that ilk with executives that get paid over $1 million in base salary. I think we can all agree at times since its IPO OCC's board and executives have been utterly awful in communication and their indolence and complacency over trial-commercial pathways at times infuriating. But they are TGA/FDA/EMA approved in Striate, and have a global manufacturing and marketing deal in place with a top 5 global dental Pharma and Fortune 500 company - and have just confirmed accelerating sales in that, the LEAST lucrative applications of their technology!

Lets just say that again. OCC is TGA/FDA/EMA approved in Striate, and have a global manufacturing and marketing deal in place with a top 5 global dental Pharma and Fortune 500 company. How many bio-tech companies less than a decade of listing on the ASX could show such progress? Investors bought on the long hammered and exhausting "I'm excited" prospects of such a deal, but now actually have it with accelerating sales (and TGA approved Remplir sales to boot) and are, en masse, selling invariably lower than where they bought the company on such prospects, after a pivotal earnings report confirming as much? It would be laughable if it was not so serious in implication.
    Last edited by bedger: 01/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.5¢
Change
0.005(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $80.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 39.0¢ 38.5¢ $17.64K 45.67K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 23269 38.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.5¢ 25000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.