PEK 2.27% 21.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Ann: ASX Release Land Agreement Teeside, page-6

1. sjl
    1,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    Building a mine is also relatively easy, especially an open cut mine as this one is intended to be. So whilst a license to mine would be positive news, it's not the positive news that this company needs - we shouldn't see a major tick up (above, say, 4-5 cents per share, maybe 6-7) unless and until an offtake arrangement is announced. And that offtake arrangement needs to be for the neodymium/praseodymium; an offtake agreement for the lanthanum and cerium would (should) result in a simple "meh" from the market, given the relatively low revenue that would produce.

That said, Peak's probably not going to enter into a binding, unconditional commitment until they have the mining license, and no company is likely to commit to purchase goods until they're sure of the supply, not unless they're desperate for raw materials - because otherwise, they're liable to end up with supply they don't need, or a shortfall due to an inability to supply. So I suspect we're not going to see offtake agreements until after the mining license is granted at the very earliest. And I don't see Peak making announcements about possible talks, not until they're signed by both parties, so you can expect silence on this particular front for some time to come.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $57.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.0¢ 21.5¢ $39.30K 178.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 72374 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 34158 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.