NUS 0.00% 34.8¢ nusantara resources limited

theoretically it should but lots of gold projects are in such...

1. 9,770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3478
    theoretically it should but lots of gold projects are in such environs - so the industry i think regards itself as comprising informed investors who can calculate that ex a discount rate. if you're mining in a place regarded as having sovereign risk the market valuation will always tend to be discounted to greater or lesser degree - whatever a dcf valuation suggests

though in super bull markets the discount gap closes - and if exploration becomes the cause de jour can become premiums if investors are hunting elephant potential - which the tier 1 risk locations dont tend to be seen as having so much. but thats usually quite stock specific - or region specific if one company finds an elephant in a given geological setting

Rim of Fire has enjoyed quite a few of those nearology surges - but 99% are left gasping on the shore when tide goes back out

i agree on dcf analysis - but the point a lot of people dont get is that it isnt supposed to be the absolute truth but a relative truth - dcf's are for internal derisking and ultimately DtM at a point in time - and externally for assessing one project vs another.

they arent supposed to be prophetic as to what the actual cashflow value will be because no one actually knows the future

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.