SPL 2.20% 8.9¢ starpharma holdings limited

Ann: AZD0466 clinical DEP program global expansion, page-114

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 323
    I can't help but notice a recurring theme with SPL's products....

There is a gigantic gap between what is promised in the pre-launch announcements and what is delivered post launch.

SPL just cannot seem to penetrate the market in any way with any of their products.

The FDA issue with BV gets a lot of attention on HC forums, however I just don't see this as the major issue. Look at the markets where the product is currently available....... How much sales are occurring there? Why would the USA be any different??

Look at the condoms...

Starpharma Chief Executive Officer, Dr Jackie Fairley, said, “It’s great to have another important market approved for the VivaGel® condom and to achieve a further commercial milestone for our VivaGel® portfolio. The global condom market was valued at US$7.9B in 20181 and projected to grow by 8.5% per year[1]. Europe is a major region and our partner LifeStyles is a significant player in that market.”

Look at BV.......

The VivaGel® BV treatment product targets an area of significant unmet medical need in a high-value market (est. US$750M). VivaGel® BV is also approved in Europe for treatment and prevention of recurrent BV, and has been submitted to regulatory authorities in a number of international markets, including the US. Prevention of recurrent BV is another high value market (est. US$1B) for VivaGel® BV.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
-0.002(2.20%)
Mkt cap ! $36.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.3¢ 9.3¢ 8.9¢ $29.39K 323.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 242435 8.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.1¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.