FDV 1.16% 43.5¢ frontier digital ventures limited

Ann: Capital Raising Investor Presentation, page-28

1. 14 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I hear ya!

I've just joined Hotcopper after monitoring a few stocks for quite some time and FDV is one of them. I've had similar experiences to yours over the years and have learnt from some hard lessons, but I think I am better for those experiences.

I suppose if we see "value" we better have some compelling reasons, other than the bottom falling out of a share. I don't think it hurts to be "overly" cautious, especially when buying into a severe downtrend. I tend not to go "all in" as much as I used to and I like to just average into specific stocks by keeping my powder dry to ensure I don't go through that "regret" stage you speak of. Each to their own I suppose but it helps me overcome that apprehension you speak of. I've also gone the ETF route as well just to spread the risk.

I've kept an eye on FDV for quite some time (as it has fallen) and I love what this company is doing and the potential it has. My period of monitoring this company has coincided with the sharp rise in inflation/interest rates so I have been hanging tough waiting to buy some tech stocks.

This capital raise is not ideal and I think some posters above have laid out some valid concerns, especially raising cash while the share price is so low. My concern (like most) is the news in Pakistan, overall sentiment and the potential for another country to shock the company. However, this capital raise and the potential for another is a real fly in the ointment. I'm waiting for some volatility in the market (which has been real absent of late) to maybe take a position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
0.005(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $188.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 43.5¢ 42.0¢ $135.6K 317.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 68612 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.0¢ 40000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.35pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FDV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.