SHJ 0.00% 69.5¢ shine justice ltd

Just some further thoughts and corrections to my previous...

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Just some further thoughts and corrections to my previous thinking regarding the WIP associated with the pelvic mesh class action:

I had assumed that shine was using a litigation funder for this case, on further reading it turns out this is not occurring and Shine are funding it entirely themselves. This means that they carry extra risk if it fails/settles below expectations and secondly the payout will not have the large percentage fee taken by a litigation funder, which of course is great for shareholders in the case of a large settlement. It's worth noting that in most (all?) commentators minds the case and evidence is looking very strong for Shine.

Now, for the 250m hip replacement class action (settled 31/3/16) , 36m was taken as costs by shine.

If we assume a similar fraction of WIP for the pelvic mesh action, and perhaps a settlement of 300m-380m, then it is likely over 50m of WIP for the pelvic mesh will be recoverable.

So in this scenario, it's not entirely implausible that Shine would be able to pay off most or all of it's debt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
69.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $120.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25033 68.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.0¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.